About Sunderland Strollers

Sunderland Strollers is a sociable running club with a sense of humour which is based at Ashbrooke Sports Club.

We have over 300 members with 40% women and an age range from 21-72.

Take running as seriously as you like. Some members never race, while others race most weeks at distances from 5km to Ultra Marathon.

It’s £25/year to join Strollers – this includes your England Athletics (UKA) registration fee which entitles you to a £2 discount on any UKA race.

Our membership form can be downloaded in word format below
Sunderland_Strollers_Running_Club_Membership_Form(1)

During the Cross Country season we take part in the North East Harrier League.

Results can be found on the Harrier League results page.

We also enter teams into various local Relay Races.

In May, we host the Pier to Pier Race.

16 Responses

1. Klaas Loonstra says:

Do you have the results from the races below??

SUNDERLAND STROLLERS

CLAZEY’S

DOORSTEP MARATHON & HALF MARATHON

RACE PERMIT NUMBER: 2015 – TBA

SUNDAY 6th DECEMBER 2015 AT 09:00 / 11:00

26.2 OR 13.1 MILES OVER A FLAT TARMAC TWO LOOP COURSE

STARTING AND FINISHING AT THE VICTORIAN BUS SHELTER SEABURN

NO PRIZES – TEE SHIRTS AWARDED TO ALL FINISHERS

ENTRY £20 (ALL RUNNERS)

CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES – 30 NOV 2015

ENTRIES WILL BE TAKEN AFTER THIS DATE BUT RUNNERS WILL NOT GET A T-SHIRT

• Harry Harrison says:

The Doorstep Marathon and Half Marathon are not races, they are runs organised by the Club to support our chosen charity. There are no results.

2. Lyne says:

How do I get a password for the news page?

• Harry Harrison says:

Hi Lyne

There isn’t anything yet on the news page that you’re missing. Once I start using it regularly I’ll be sending out the password. Need to do a bit of a prune of the distribution list first!

3. ann says:

hi, I am new to running / jogging, was wondering if you have a beginners group, and also what day and time it is held

• Harry Harrison says:

Hi Ann

We don’t currently have a Beginners Group, there will be one starting in the New Year but the exact date hasn’t yet been agreed. It will follow a 16 week programme which should take non-runners to the point where they can comfortably run 5 miles without stopping. It will meet on a Tuesday evening at 6:30pm at Ashbrooke Sports Club. Keep an eye on our website as full details will be advertised there.

4. brian pickup says:

Hi, I’ve been running on and off for years but couple of years ago I had an Achilles injury and struggling to find the motivation to get back into running. Ive never been fast, but do enjoy it. Was hoping running in a club might give me some motivation? When would be the best time to givevthe strollers a go ?? Running about 60min 10k this year ideally would like to drop that a bit 🙂

Cheers Brian

• Harry Harrison says:

Hi Brian

Our main Club night is Wednesday when we meet at Ashbrooke Sports Club at 7pm and take out a number of groups of different abilities. There are other runs during the week, details on the website. Best advice would be to come and give us a go, no obligation to join straight away and see what you think.

5. Julie says:

Hi,

I have completed the membership form and was wondering if there is an email address I can scan a copy to, or does it have to be posted?

Thanks,

Julie

6. Nichola Smiles says:

Hi, I haven’t ran for a few years after knee surgery and would like to start again. I have seen a post saying there is a beginners session starting on a Tuesday 6:30 in January. Can you confirm the date that this is starting please? I’m very keen to get training again 😁

• Harry Harrison says:

Hi Nicola

Yes the Beginners Group will start at 6:30pm on Tuesday 16 Jan. We’ll meet in the Ditchburn Room at Ashbrooke Sports Club. The cost of the 16 week course is either £1/week or £10 if you pay at the begining. The aim of the course is for everyone to be able to run at least 5 miles without stopping. Hope to see you next week.

Harry

7. Nichola Smiles says:

Hi Harry, that’s brilliant I am really looking forward to it 😀 I will be there for sure.
    My 8 year old son was interested in coming and joining in, would that be possible? Thank you 😊

• Harry Harrison says:

Hi Nicola

Sorry but Strollers is an adults only club so your son would not be able to join you. The Sunderland Harriers and Houghton Harriers do have junior sections but I believe that the youngest they will take is 9 years old.

Harry

8. Kate Coe says:

Hi. Am watching a programme on BBC2 about Sunderland (my roots but l now live in Devon). Part of the prog showed the strollers and I saw a man wearing a white tee shirt with the lighthouse on and wondered how l can get hold of one? Thank you.

• Harry Harrison says:

Hi Kate

Hope you enjoyed the programme, we had a lot of fun with the BBC filming our Pier to Pier Race. Unfortunately the t-shirt that you describe is one of very few. They are highly prized and were worn by our volunteers on the day rather than given out to runners completing the race. Sadly there are none left. Sorry!

Harry Harrison